So I am now officially full into summer break with both kids home. Enjoying them tremendously AND remaining focused on myself and what my goals are. This will be a true learning experience for us all this summer.
So far things have been active but not overdone or difficult. My son did a full week of Taekwondo camp which he absolutely LOVES last week and no more camp for either of them until August. So now working on planning our July activities, travel & events. This includes their first trip to Six Flags which they are beyond psyched about. There is always the wish to get up to the lake house in CT but not sure that is happening as it will be rather busy there through August. We shall see.
Meanwhile, here at home and more importantly, ME...I have decided to work on venturing into the workforce as a personal online shopper/wardrobe consultant. Having had time to think about what I really like to do, what I would be good at and something that can be done mostly from home that is what I came up with. If you ask my husband I am one of the best, most creative shoppers EVER. ;) So I figure why not turn it into a working gig. Right?!
So I am focused on that for myself as well as getting back on the work out train as I had to buy a size bigger in my pants. WTF? The I looked at pictures of myself from a handful of years back. And I have allowed myself to SLOWLY put on weight. :( So I am determined to get my body whipped back into much better shape by the end of this year, aiming for a short term goal of a new work wardrobe by the end of summer.
My kids motivate me, but I want to motivate them. After all I am the teacher/parent and they are the recipients of my endeavors and examples I set before them.
I am enjoying finding the balance between motherhood and being ME!......
No comments:
Post a Comment