What the heck? Great. This means school is done next week.
Been busy preparing for summertime "STUFF". Doctor appointments, camps, adventures, creative arts, summer entertainment (ie movie list)...New pet adventure moving into our home by the end of June..."Bearded Dragon". I did set up a small pool in time for Memorial Day weekend and the kids LOVE this little bonus. Purging the house yadda yadda....So THAT is what I have been doing and getting LOST in time.
There is some much WONDERFUL news to share...My son (ADHD, Severe Anxiety/Stress disorder, Mood regulation disorder, Genius spectrum child) started a new school in April. The Phillips Program in Annandale VA. OUR SAVIORS! For the first time, and I tear up each time I talk about this, for the first time in 4years my son is actually HAPPY & THRIVING in school. He is ONLY 10 (4th grade) mind you, so I am sure you can imagine my elation at this extreme surrealism we now live in with him and his school. (His school history is wretched). But after one top notch private school (grades kindergarten-2nd) one rather good public charter school (grades 3rd-most of 4th)...NUMEROUS IEP/BIP/Psych evaluations etc etc..We FINALLY have him in the RIGHT academic setting. Which has already begun to help him 'reform' himself into quite a delightful young man,
I can not tell you how almost strange it feels to feel...well....safe, happy, relaxed and not anxiously awaiting a phone call from school to tell me to come get my son.....It is almost foreign to me as the past 4years have spent trying to work with school systems that were not right for him. Fighting EVERYONE UNDER THE SUN about medicating him to make him "FIT IN"....NEVER to have done so...NO MEDS for my little man (this far). But to work hard, stay on top of it , put pressure on, research, educating myself, knowledge is power! So many sleepless nights, days of turmoil and so on to FINALLY feel at peace when my son heads off to school each day. Where he now brings home awards for exemplary behavior, doing ALL of his academic work...This is truly a gift and HE is walking with his head held a little higher because HE is proud of himself.
This has been the main consumption of my life for the past 6years...MY SON. Now that we are in a place of being able to breath quite a bit easier I am truly able to start focusing on myself and my own life during the day. This is something I have attempted on many occasions only to be thwarted by 'motherhood' and the high demand especially for my son. So I am working on my body & going back to work outside of my home for the first time in over 10years. Just the prospect of going back to work thrills me in a way that is unexplainable.
So I am now working on fine tuning my resume, searching for work that I will..hopefully...LOVE. And 'reforming' myself into a woman who once again has her own individuality entirely...Not just Mommy......
No comments:
Post a Comment