I am truly perplexed at just how I loose track of time. One would think, you know, like most do, that as a stay at home mother, of school age children mind you, that I have all the time in the world. Let me assure you this is NOT the case.
This month I have started 2new adventures. One personal one as a mother.
~The mother one. My son started a new private therapeutic school which is in Virginia, over 30minutes away. He is picked up at my front door at 6:50am. This means I am awake at 5:30am putting on coffee. Get him up and in the shower at 6:00am and put his clothes out. Downstairs to pour a cup of coffee. I sip on this while listening to the news, I use to sit and watch the morning news from 6:30-7:00am before the kids got up. Anyhow, I make his breakfast & pack his lunch while he showers & gets dressed. This way when he comes downstairs I can actually spend the remainder 20-25mins actually with him while he eats, gets his shoes on and brushes his teeth. I walk him outside, hug him and put him on his bus as he begins his individual journey to his new daily routine.
Then I sit for 5-10mins, after I have re-heated my coffee, before my youngest gets up and I am on Princess school getting ready for school duty. In which I get back home at 9:00am after dropping her off at school. In which I am now walking home to get in a good brisk morning walk.
~This brings me to my personal adventure. I have taken on a strict vegetarian diet (no meat). Very low carb with a lot more actual vegetables. I have to really stop and think of what I am going to eat instead of just grabbing anything. You need to get a little more creative when cooking veggies verses meat. I can assure you this is not an easy venture as I am Italian and meat and Italians go hand in hand...LOL. But I am doing it. I am learning how to get protein into my diet in non-meat form. Thank goodness I like beans. My moods are better and I am eating more the way I should 4-5times a day. Next week I will be adding fruit/protein smoothies. I am fine tuning my vitamins & supplements as well. Once I have my diet under control and I am doing this on a regular basis I will be adding a real work out routine by the first of May.
I am sure that I will eventually start adding lean meats back into my diet (chicken & fish) but my physical body is really starting to feel happier. Especially on the inside.
Now...off to get myself together before the kids come home from school......
No comments:
Post a Comment