I honestly had no idea it had been so long since I have blogged about myself. Guess my narcissism is dwindling.
It has already been an incredibly insane year, and we are just wrapping up March and moving into April. This year has already brought MANY changes and quite a few trials.
I have gone from being separated to reconciliation and working on things. After all you do not just toss 14years of a life together with someone without truly exhausting everything possible to see if things can be salvaged. So I have that going on in my love life. Not easy and hoping that I am not wasting my time and energy into a lost cause. This is a road that I tread lightly on right now until HE pulls me in deeper. That is enough about that subject for now. Still a work in progress.
I have also had the blessing of my beautiful SPED son. A boy, who at 10, is intellectually on the genius spectrum yet can not sit through a class at school without trouble. So in the past 2 months we dove in deep to that issue and between his SPED Advocate and myself have taken on the system and won. Well at least for now. Between launching protest, numerous meetings with my son's "team", YES, he has a whole team that works with him everyday, to filling out and filing paperwork to get him into the proper learning environment for him, we believe we have done so. He will be starting at his new school on April 9th, after a much needed spring break/vacation up at the lake house. This facility will be able to provide him with what he needs to be successful and hopefully happy in school. He will be in a setting with adults, therapist, and teachers that are trained to work with him (kids like him with his disorder). From his anxiety to his ED. He is happy about this and looking forward to starting somewhere new.
So somewhere in there I started to get lost myself. Realized this recently when I got rid of my vehicle. I am now on foot much more as my van finally bit the big one and I refuse to dump another $2,500 or more into fixing it. So running with my kids has become much more time consuming, and much better for my body as well as I walk an average of 2-3miles a day now. I have also really nailed down my diet and eating as I should for the whole system. As a result I have lost about 5 pounds.
So I am gaining more control over MY LIFE. It does help, a lot, to have some stresses dealt with and moving in the right direction. I am feeling good, I remain positive & hopeful and remember to count the blessings of each day given to me. Mindset is everything and where you allow your mind to rest/sit plays the biggest role in anything and everything we do as humans. So I reset my mind. Now off to the weekend stuff with my kids....
No comments:
Post a Comment