Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Motivation...where are you?

While I have had a total lack of motivation for the past few years. Due to one thing or another I have had a major lack of interest in REALLY starting a regular work out/exercise regime. 
I think I may have found my motivation today. They say you never know how or when.

While sitting around on my ass, granted I was actually getting some things done online for my son and his school issues, I saw something on Rachel Ray's show that made me ashamed of how truly lazy and uninspired I have become. Rachel was doing makeovers for a chosen few. One of those chosen was a woman who had lost over 200pounds in 2 years. 200 POUNDS! 

This woman was inspiring and amazing to me as she had taken a humiliating moment, weighing well over 300 pounds, when she fell outside in her yard when playing with her children and her husband could not help her up because she was simply too big. She took that moment and realized that she needed to make immediate changes for herself. So she did. She said that she immediately stopped eating junk food and started working out. 

Her work outs would start off from about 10-15minutes a day and she worked up from there. She continued this journey all on her own, No gyms, no trainers, no surgeries etc. All by herself she decided that her body and her health were a priority. Let me tell you, after her makeover she was SMOKING HOT! A true M.I.L.F.  Here is her picture:
 

While I do not have the need to loose 200lbs I do need to get my ass in gear and loose the 40plus pounds I need to shed. So my realization in seeing this woman and hearing her story was the thought of playing with my kids and something happening to me because I did not take care of myself. This thought scared the shit out of me.

So in honor of being a mom I believe that my motivation is the me I want to be for my kids as well as myself. My motivation lies within the lives I have created from my own life. 
I want to be able to run around with my kids for many more years, without fear etc. 

So I thank this bold and glorious woman/mom/MILF who shared her story on public television for millions to see. I was one of the million and have been moved to a place of humility and hope now that I have seen you. Thank you for helping me find my motivation.

So I leave you all with this thought....What motivates you? Who are you really and/or who do you really want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment