Saturday, November 12, 2011

First part of my 'plan'..

The theory keep it stupid simple pops into my mind when it comes to things such as actual written out plans. I have always struggled greatly with following any type of plans. They make me uncomfortable as I despise restrictions. Especially restrictions on my time and sense of freedom. However, I believe I have devised a plan that will not only work, for me, but will actually allow me to do more with my freedom when I have it.

I sat down today and thought, really hard, about the things I NEED to accomplish and the things I WANT to accomplish on a daily basis. Weighed them out and came up with an actual daily schedule that I may be able to follow and live with. At least I am going to give it my best shot. I will try it for a month straight, without faltering. This will be a bit of a challenge as we are heading into holiday time which means the kids will be out of school so I will have to work my daily schedule around them as well. (Insert any advice you would like to give as to how to make certain this happens). But I figure if I can get through the first month of sticking to a daily schedule, for myself, then I can start working towards the next phase of my plan.

I know this will be one of the biggest hurdles I have to get over. I make BEAUTIFUL list/schedules, but have lacked follow through, ever. Simply because I know that I can take the damn paper and throw it away if I so choose. No written schedule in site, do not have to worry about it. So a shift in MY attitude about restrictions on my time has got to change. If I can get through my 'mood' challenges and just push myself through and follow my plan then I will have succeeded at accomplishing something, that while may be insignificant to you, is monumental to me.

I also realize that if I stick with my plan I will, indeed, be a better mother. I will lead with an air of confidence instead of an air of arrogance. I will also be more in control of my own life therefore being better equipped to guide my young ones into taking more control over themselves.

Now, onto the rest of my retreat. I have been enjoying the space and time alone to actually think through things instead of dance around them. Not focusing on what everyone else needs to be doing or not doing but what I need to do for myself to make myself and my life a better place to be.....

No comments:

Post a Comment